Wednesday, August 18, 2010

20 weeks preggo...

So I am halfway done with this pregnancy, don't know how that happened. I feel good and am realizing that if the second half of this pregnancy flies by as fast as the first half, then I have a lot to do to get ready for this baby! We found out we are having a baby GIRL so that was SO exciting! I was a nervous wreck going in for the ultrasound...I kept thinking, what if I never have a daughter! I was so distraught thinking I might not experience all the mother/daughter things. I would have been overjoyed with a boy I know, but I really did want a little girl. I was so thrilled when the ultrasound tech told us a girl!!!! So needless to say she has a closet full of the cutest little PINK clothes...there is some purple and blue, but lets face it PINK rules!!! Girl stuff is just to die for! I am loving this! Pretty sure her name will be LeAnne, we have always really liked the name. Eric mentioned it when we were pregnant with Carson and we both still love it.

When I ask Carson where his baby sister is he points to my belly and then he gives my belly a kiss, it makes me melt!!! I hope he is just as sweet to her when she is out of my belly, that is the true test! Carson is his usual busy self...running around non stop all day. He does still usually take a morning and afternoon nap. Some days, like today, just one nap which is nice because then he will usually go to bed at around 6:45 or 7, so that is very nice. He never ever sits in one spot to play so I am chasing him all day, so an early bedtime is a nice break so I can sit down and relax. When we ask him how old he is he holds one finger up in the air, then he touches his nose right away since we usually ask him next where his nose is, haha, he is so programmed. He is trying to talk more, he tries so hard to copy what we say. He enjoys being around other kids, especially older kids he can follow around. He is such a funny kid and we are enjoying everyday with him and his silly personality.

As for me and being pregnant...well I am gaining weight like a pro! Haha. I am trying to exercise as much as I can, I just realize I can't do as much. Chasing a one year old around makes my belly and back sore as it is. I have to remember not to push my body too much even though I want to sometimes. This has been a struggle for me. My little girl is more important than my exercise, Eric reminds me of this. I think having two pregnancies close together has made me worry so much more about my body, I need to work on this. I am thankful for my wonderful husband who tells me how beautiful I am despite how awful I feel!!! I know he loves me even if I gain more weight this pregnancy and look like a tired worn out mom! We all know men or have seen men on shows that can make women feel bad or want their woman to be a certain size, all I have to say is, what pigs! I can't imagine! It makes me sad for those women who feel like they have to be within a certain weight, I can't imagine that pressure, that is what I call conditional love. Even when I am not pregnant I never have pressure from my husband to be a certain weight, so glad I don't too! Thankful for Eric's understanding when I need to vent and his unconditional love. I don't want to be miserable worrying constantly about my weight, I want to have the confidence to be happy with who I am. It may not be easy, but it is my goal. I see people who worry constantly and I don't want to be that and Eric doesn't want me to be that either, so I will try my hardest to be more secure with my body as it grows and changes once again. : ) The happy face is me TRYING to be happy with my body!

No comments: