Saturday, January 10, 2009

A baby food maker...

I have had a gift card to Williams-Sonoma for a few months now and just didn't know what to get with it, until a couple of weeks ago when I saw this beauty! I have always known I would make the majority of my baby's food because my biggest pet peev is a picky eater and I just refuse to have one of my own. I think a really great way to get a kid to eat real veggies is to give them real veggies pureed from the beginning without added sugars and such. I am totally not knocking baby food in a jar, I will use that too for convenience I am sure. Eric and I are just into healthy eating, it will be our parenting quirk. So this beauty steams the food and blends and purees it. Then you can throw it in ice cube trays and store it in bags in your freezer. So you don't have to do a lot of cleaning, just one thing does it all. As he gets older we just throw in whatever we are eating for dinner into this and he learns to eat the foods we eat. I also got the book below on some recipes to get baby to learn to like herbs and spices, it has really good recipes, it helps babies to have a gourmet palate one day. haha. So although it is early to get this I had a gift card that I needed to use before I lost it and it was a pricey item so it was now or never. So it will just stay tucked away for a while. I am really excited about this though!






2 comments:

Jill said...

My sis-in-law made a lot of Jackson's baby food, when he first started on solids. I thought about buying this for her, but she's not into gadgets. I think it's really cool and I love the thought of making their food vs buying the pre-made stuff.

You're such a good mama, already! :)

((HUGS))

Jennifer said...

Nice use of a gift card!!