Sunday, January 18, 2009

Halfway mark and Carson's room...

Halfway there to meeting our baby boy!!!! We can't wait! That means time for the fun stuff, like working on his room!

Carson's room was once the room we threw stuff in that we didn't know where to store otherwise. That had to change and so now Eric has been busy on his days off cleaning out the room by finding a place for all the stuff, mostly goodwill. Then we picked out the paint color and on his days off he is busy painting. He started with a fresh coat of white on the ceiling and now the walls are "applesauce cake". It is nice to see the room looking good after being a junk room for so long. He still has another coat to do on the walls, it just takes a while when you don't have several days off in a row to work on projects. We also got crown molding and new baseboards for Carson, becuase he is so worth it! haha. We got a new fan for Christmas for his room since we took the one out of there to put in the office, so that has also made a big difference. His bedding has also already been purchased, his room is a barnyard theme with animals. I love his bedding, the horse and barn and some other parts are done in corduroy, so I am trying to find some red corduroy fabric to have my mom make a valence out of it. I want to use a lot of red accents in the room. I love his bedding because it is baby looking without the pastel colors. He will have a big boy room soon enough, he'll want sports once his daddy gets a hold of him I am sure, so I am going to enjoy his baby room while I can! We still have furniture to get and I really want an old antique window to hang in his room that I can paint red, so I am looking for one of those too-maybe to hang pictures in above his changing table. I probably won't hang much else on the walls other than that so that we can have a muralist come and paint some cute vintage looking barnyard stuff on the walls to fill in. We also have a little niche in the wall where we either need to get some sort of bookshelf or have shelving made to fit there. So we have been able to get some stuff done now while Eric has had some time off, but luckily there is more to do to keep us busy while we wait for Carson. I will post pictures of the room as soon as the moldings are up so you can see the color we chose. For now here is a picture of Carson's barnyard bedding.


2 comments:

Jill said...

I love when it gets to this point...the point of decorating the room! :) Can't wait to see pics!

The bedding is too cute!

((HUGS))

Jennifer said...

That is such cute bedding, Emily!!