Thursday, June 11, 2009

Loads of pics!

Getting hooked up and ready to go by my nurse, also my sister-in-law, Molly. One last belly picture before it was gone.
Just that fast our little guy was born! I was pretty loopy from the epidural, it went a little high so I slept through most of it....I did wake up to hear him cry and see him right after he was born though! As soon as he was born I dosed off, I tried so hard to stay awake, but just couldn't do it!

Molly holding him up for the crowd at the window.
I was brought into the room with Carson and was able to hold him even though I was so loopy I could hardly open my eyes, I look pretty out of it.
Carson's Great Grandpa.

Carson's Great Grandma.
Carson's grandpa.
Carson's Grammie.
Carson's grandparents.
My brother, Uncle Adam.
My sister, Aunt Beth.
Eric's brother, Uncle Kyle.
Kyle's wife, Aunt Sarah.
Callie came to meet Carson.

Along with Katy.
And Dave.
So alert!
He is so small! We took him yesterday to the pediatrician to weigh him and he was 7lbs. 5 oz. nine days after his birth. This is his soothing lamb that he likes to listen to.
We just love that face!
Eric kissing him for the hundrenth time! haha.
Eric's parents had this stork sign in our yard for his first week home.
So cute!
This was Carson's second bath, I was too sore to do the first so Eric did it.
This was Carson's first bath, he screamed the whole time, he has liked his baths since then. The first one was a little rough.



What a crazy, exciting, exhausting few days. It has been really tough with the pain from the c-section, but I am starting to feel much better now, finally! Sleep deprivation and caring for Carson while recovering has been hard. Plus the challenges of nursing and you get one worn out mommy and daddy! Eric has had time off and will go back Monday, that will be rough for both of us! Last night Carson was demanding to be fed every 1 1/2 to 2 hours and boy was that exhausting! He will be a tank if he keeps that up! So Eric going back to work is a little frightening right now, but I have a lot of help with family and friends so we will get through it, it will just be a little hard for us to adjust for a while. We have enjoyed our first 10 days with Carson! He is such a sweet little guy, we have been so blessed, even though it was a long road to get him, he was worth the wait!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Love the pictures! I miss you guys (and family) and can't wait to see Carson.

Jill said...

Love all of the pictures!!

What a sweet baby boy. :)

((hugs))

Barbie said...

I hope you are healing quickly. What a sweet boy you have. Thanks for posting so many pictures. :)

Olive Oyl said...

He is just so sweet and precious! Keep the adorable pictures coming!

Jennifer said...

Awesome pictures!!
I seem to remember mine didn't like their first bath either, I know my oldest didn't ;0)
That sign is so cute!!
He si so precious!!

bandofbrothers said...

congratulations on your precious bundle! i am so thrilled for you. he's a doll!