Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Big Slice of Humble Pie..

So the reason I blog is to send it out to our friends and family who we don't get to see often and also it is basically a journal that I will have forever to look back and see what our lives were like raising our kids.
So I want to remember this time, all the fun moments and not so fun ones along the way. This Christmas season is a special one for sure! We have our son and we feel beyond blessed this Christmas! We are also extremely sad at the same time with my grandpa missing his most favorite holiday, Christmas. And we are going to miss him and it just won't be the same. I've never had a Christmas without him in my life. Even harder is that my mom has never had a Christmas without her dad and my grandma has had 62 Christmas' with him. A bit bittersweet this year to say the least. Thank goodness Carson is here to bring smiles to our faces this Christmas!
Eric and I also, like every Christmas, have no money. I don't mean that in a poor me way, he is in school, it is no surprise. This will be our last Christmas that he will be in school so for that we are so excited! By the time Carson expects Santa to leave a special package, he will be able to, haha. Thank goodness we just have to get sippy cups and little things like that this year. I think that we all deserve a little humbling in our lives though, I mean it is a way to fully appreciate what we will have someday and still be understanding and compassionate for those who struggle. Trust me, we get the struggle part and the humbling part right now! haha. We still get spoiled with gifts every year, and it is a lousy feeling when you can't give anything back, but once again a big slice of humble pie thrown our way! So as much as we look forward to the TRUE meaning of Christmas and being with our families and eating yummy food, we also kind of dread the gift giving part, because we know we have nothing to give. I also realize that maybe I want to start a new tradition with our family when our kids our older. Maybe do something that doesn't involve so much "stuff", like going to a nursing home and visiting, or a homeless shelter, or just getting less gifts so they don't get so greedy. I think by not having so much at this time in our lives I am hoping at least it will help us to learn something from it and make a change so that when we do have the means we will still be humbled by this time in our lives.

No comments: