Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Daddy's home!

Eric, my dad, his dad and his brother all went to Canada for a fishing trip, look at those fish! Mmmm...I can't wait to eat that yummy fresh fish! Seriously there is nothing better!

The night before Eric left, Carson had a HORRIBLE sleeping night, he cried and cried. It gave me an idea of how long the next few nights would be without Eric. The first night without Eric he was up every. single. hour. It was rough! So the next few nights I stayed at my moms so I could at least hand him off in the morning and get a little more sleep. So although the nights were rough, Carson made up for it by being super cute during the days! haha. While Eric was gone, he learned to roll over and scoot around like a pro. he also grabs things intentionally and holds them. He also talks constantly, we have long conversations now. And he also does this chuckle, kind of like a belly laugh, the kind that makes it clear that he owns me completely. He continues to wrap me around his little finger with all his new accomplishments. Needless to say Eric missed his "little dude" like crazy. Oh and Carson even wore his outfit that says "Dude" on it for when daddy came home from work today. Carson showed off all his mad skillz to his daddy when he saw him today.


Oh ya, lets see- Eric got back late last night and sure enough Carson went 8 hours without eating (6 hours sleeping)!!!!!! I guess he was waiting for his daddy to come home, gee thanks! Don't tell his pediatrician that I gave him rice cereal with a spoon then nursed him. Hey it worked, so I am sticking to it! Yay for sleep! I almost forgot to mention it was also the first time he had slept a night in his crib! I was a little restless from being used to having him right next to me, but it went well so hopefully I will get used to it and sleep better too!










3 comments:

Jill said...

Look at how big he's getting!!

Camille Ahuero said...

Testing this out since now I have a blog and I think I can leave you comments now. Carson is so adorable..glad you got your first 6 hours of sleep in a row.

Jamie said...

Aww I miss that little guy