So for Eric's birthday we always either go out to dinner, usually Elephant bar for jambalaya or I make him dinner, usually cornned beef and cabbage is his request. This birthday was actually different, he wanted jambalaya and boy was it good! I made it really spicy because he asked for it that way, it was probably too spicy for me, and poor Carson for that matter : ). He said this jambalaya beat Elephant bars, I guess so considering I made it with halibut, shrimp, chicken and sausage... the man loves meat! It was seriously yummy, it started out as Paula Deens recipe, but I pretty much ended up changing the whole thing. Then I made a flourless amaretto chocolate torte, Emeril Lagasse. It was also amazingly yummy and super chocolaty, with a chocolate icing on top that I added to the recipe because the more chocolate the better and because everything is better with chocolate icing. You could really taste the amaretto in the cake, it was so good. And there is plenty of amaretto left for cold weather in my coffee. Mmmmmm.
So all in all I think Eric had a great birthday with a belly full of all his favorite food.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjBgiIeO5NedH2r1qp7WlE1GIiMFhhPlE6FCpxisxVuucVnzdSeMlsV4MubaMvVcxstxVcmkyRiYC9LKatn3Im54POr6aVWDUy2DRLB19NT_WWvjMo7SVWewYdOz-JGwjIgb48qz6j-GZw/s1600-h/IMG_1585.JPG">
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Eric!!
All of that food sounds so delicious!!
Post a Comment