I want to remember and embrace this pregnancy as much as I did with Carson, even though I am a bit busier this time around. : )
I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 6 weeks along, which explained why I had been having bouts of nausea and was so sleepy the whole week before. I went and got my hair done one day and then met my sister-in-law for lunch and we did a little shopping. By the time I got home I felt like I had run a marathon...I was SO worn out! I also had the worst headache ever! I went to my mother-in-laws house to pick Carson up and I asked her if she had a coke, since I thought maybe I needed some caffeine or something. She asked if maybe I needed to take a pregnancy test after telling her of my headaches and that I was feeling a little nauseous earlier in the week. I totally blew her off like "are you crazy, ME pregnant, I don't think so!". Well that night before I went to bed I decided to take a test not thinking anything of it...I didn't even tell Eric. Needless to say I was SHOCKED! The next few days we were pretty much in a state of shock. I sat on the bathroom floor next to the sinks just speechless! Eric couldn't believe it either!
I was also a little panicky since I was on lots of medications with Carson, and we didn't know if those were needed (since I had a previous miscarriage). After seeing my doctor he decided no medications were needed and we saw and heard the heartbeat! That finally made it sink in for us that there really was a baby in there! So by the time I actually found out I was pregnant I was feeling pretty icky. I was on the sofa thinking "how in the world am I going to do this and care for my 11 month old?" Feeling nauseous and sofa-bound lasted 2-3 weeks and now I am feeling better, but only as long as I don't really do much. I can pretty much only run one errand a day, since I get tired way easily and then I will begin to feel bad. Basically, I don't do a lot these days other than caring for Carson, which is enough work. I don't remember having this kind of exhaustion with Carson, this is a tired I have never experienced before! We swim a lot, since that is relaxing and fun for both Carson and I. I spend a lot of time at my parents swimming and laying on their sofa so that I can get a little rest. My mom has also done lots of our laundry and helped clean some when I am struggling to get things done, that has been nice. The hardest thing is that Eric pretty much is gone almost everyday working...so it has been tough with me not feeling well. He has had a lot to do, finishing his thesis, interviews, working, review class in L.A. for the boards, and the overtime work he has put in. We are extremely tired, but life goes on! So we are just hoping that in a couple months things will slow down and we can all get some much needed rest and feel more energetic around here! Until then, we will continue to get through each day the best we can and count our blessings that we have been given. And we are SO excited to be adding another little one to our family! I still can't believe Carson will be a big brother!
No comments:
Post a Comment