Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Busy, busy...

We have been really busy lately! The tile project continues still because we took a few days off to go to the beach for a much needed vacation from projects. Eric has been working like crazy trying to get it all done, but without whole days to work on tile, it has turned into a never ending project. But we managed to get away, and we had a really good time. Maybe when I have a computer hooked up I will post a couple pics of our trip. Eric's parents and grandma were there for 2 nights, so we hung out with them and had a good time. Then we stayed an extra night and we went to Hearst Castle and did a tour, then saw the elephant seals, shopped in San Luis, and ate good food. So it was a nice trip. Strange knowing the whole time we were there that it would be our last vacation without a child! Weird to think about.
I had a doctors appointment today. The doctor was in one of his really good moods today, I got the "Hey Em!" as he entered the room, which always tells me he is in his happy go lucky mood. haha. Not that he is ever in a really bad mood, but I can tell somedays when he is a little stressed maybe. I mean he is an obgyn, they are busy folks! My doctor did a quick ultrasound and we saw that Carson was laying transverse. It was funny because I always feel Carson move on my left side and right before the doctor walked in Carson gave a huge kick on my right side and I never feel him over there. So he must have done a flip in the last couple days. Sure enough the ultrasound showed Carson's feet on my right side. He said it is still okay he is not head down at this point. He just better be when the time comes. I also talked to him about how my stomach has been getting really tight at times lately. When we were at the beach we went on a couple of short walks in the evening and my stomach would get so stinkin' hard. My doctor said it was normal to have the contractions, but if they get too frequent to lay down. In the third trimester contractions happen all the time, usually they are not noticable though. And drinking more water may also help I think it tends to happen after a lot of walking around and doing too much. I will try not to overdo it so it doesn't happen too often. We also found out I needed the Rogam shot because I am Rh- and Eric is Rh+ so I had to get the shot. I had to get it at the hospital I will deliver at so it was good because I was able to register for when I deliver so I got that out of the way too. I had to get the blood work done, then go back a couple hours later for the shot, so today was a long day. When I went back for the shot my mother in law, Carol, went with me and we were able to see a room at the hospital. That definetely makes it more real seeing where I will deliver and all. And I have to say the rooms are very nice! I am as excited as I can be for the whole labor and delivery thing. I am excited for Carson of course, but a little nervous about the getting him out part. haha. I am thankful I made the switch in doctors that also meant the switch in hospitals because I think I will be happier there. It is further away from us, but well worth it. My sister in law is a nurse in L&D there so that is nice too. I will get the 411 on the good and bad nurses. Always a good thing to know. I feel more prepared now since I had never been to the labor and delivery part of that hopital, now I will know where to go when the time comes. Now we just wait some more...

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm glad you switched too.. MercySW is like a machine.. if you can get in.
Oh, and you better do your toe nails now, because pretty soon you won't be able to see them.. unless of course Eric is willing. :)

Jennifer said...

Aw, I remember Jamie taking me to the coast, Hearst Castle, San Luis, Pismo Beach...ahhhh. I'm ready to see a ocean again!