Monday, March 23, 2009

We found our crib!

Our crib will be delivered tomorrow, we found one we LOVE!!! It was funny because every time I went looking for a crib I had this image of one in my head that I thought would be perfect if I could just find one similar. I ended up looking online at a bunch of places and found the PERFECT crib, the one I couldn't seem to get out of my head. I can't wait for it to be here so I can see it in person. It was also hard to find one in a lighter wood color, I just don't like the dark wood finishes, too tradional looking for our country themed baby room. So I ended up with exactly what I have been looking for. Even better is the fact I also had an image of a changing table with an open shelf for easy access to diapers and wipes and other things you need handy, but also drawers for clothes. I also needed a smaller changing table instead of a long one. This crib had the perfect dresser to match with 3 open little cubbies that were just what I wanted! I can't wait to see it tomorrow! The changing table will be here the first week in April, then Carson's room will be fully furnished!

Carson is moving around a lot, especially in the mornings. The other day I woke up to him moving all around and I would press on my one side and he would kick back. It was like we were playing with each other, it was so cool. It makes me want to meet him even more! I feel like a kid on a car ride asking "are we there yet, are we there yet" as much as I enjoy being pregnant, I really want to meet him already, so I find myself asking "are we there yet!?" I am getting closer for sure, but at the same time I feel like it is so far still. This weekend Eric and I are going to the beach with his family and I realize that will be the last trip without towing around a kiddo with us. So I am trying to enjoy the last little while we have just us. We look forward to taking Carson with us on trips so we are not sad about this being our last together just us, we are excited to take a little one with us. So although I want time to go a little faster so we can meet Carson, I also want to enjoy our time just us. We have become so use to just the two of us seeing as we met right out of high school. We dated 4 years, and have been married almost 4 years. So it will be an adjustment for us for sure, since we are use to our quiet, spontaneous little life. Go where we want, when we want. That will change, haha. So I will try to enjoy what we have now for the little time we have left. Then I will more than welcome our new life with a kid gladly!!! We are so ready! Especially now that his room will be furnished! Once our other computer is hooked up (the tile project is still in progress) I will post pictures of his crib. And I will post belly pictures too, but I will wait until I get the professional ones to show you that Lorie promised would make me look skinny, right?! Lorie is on my blogroll, she took some maternity pictures of me and Eric. She took us to a gorgeous place, so I look forward to seeing those! I am excited to have pictures to document how happy we are to be having a baby!!! Well I will post more about that and other things later, right now I am off to watch 24, the best show EVER!!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

yay! I can't wait to see your crib and your pictures. Your joy is contagious, now I'll be smiling all day! :)

Jill said...

Looking forward to seeing the completed nursery!

Enjoy the beach, girl!

((HUGS))

Jennifer said...

I can just *hear* your excitement in this post!!
I can't wait to see pictures!!