As my pregnancy is getting further and further along...people ask and tell stories about pregnancy all the time now. I totally don't mind since I know people are trying to make conversation and be nice. And hey, I waited for this and I am just as excited to talk about it, believe me! And now that it is completely obvious I am pregnant I have to say people are SO nice to pregnant women!!! I mean when I am no longer pregnant I hope a baby in a stroller still produces the same result. : )
Anyways, one of the most common questions is of course what my cravings are. I usually tell people I didn't have any other than food in general, but then I guess I do when I think about it. My whole first trimester I wanted nothing sweet at all, even chocolate grossed me out, hard to believe I know. That changed unfortunately and now I love sweets again although I don't allow myself to have much. I think my biggest craving has really just been cereal and by cereal I mean honey nut cheerios! I think I have eaten half a box today just snacking on them. I guess if I am going to have a mad craving for something I am glad it is that and not milkshakes or something. Another thing I tend to really crave has been peanut butter. I really want a PB&J all the time, but I know it has no nutritional value really so I tend to just stick a spoon in the jar and eat it as a snack. I think by eating lots of veggies and fruit, I just don't crave the salt and sweets like I think I would had if I just let myself have whatever. I havn't really stuck to my diet as much lately (chips at restaurants, way too much cereal and just not cooking a lot while Eric is gone) and I am afraid for the scale next appointment, but I have done good up to this point so I will just go back on the diet if it is too bad this next time.
I am starting to feel big now, I mean chubby. It is strange to watch yourself get bigger and bigger. And why is it that I suddenly have a strong desire to run and ride a bike?! Oh ya, because I know I can't, once I can I won't want to. I have gone to the gym my whole pregnancy so that afterwards I will just stay in the routine of exercising, it won't be such a shock. I am actaully really excited to lose this weight though, I know I will be tired and won't want to workout, but I am determined to get in shape. I think now that I ache all over and really can't do a whole lot I am getting antsy to be able to be more active again. Luckily I am already use to eating lots of salad and veggies so the diet won't be a shocker. As excited as I am for the having Carson here and getting back in shape, I really will miss my chubbiness because I won't feel his cute little kicks and hiccups that I have grown to love.
Well that is enough rambling for now. 7 more weeks left! At least I hope it is 7 or less and not more, we'll see how that goes!
2 comments:
Everytime I read a post from you, I just can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone! 7 weeks...wow! I've aready run into craving different things...so crazy how some things that I used to love, I want nothing to do with right now.
You've had a wonderful pregnancy, girl. God is so good, isn't HE!?
((HUGS))
I had to comment on your blog. ;) I didn't think that I had cravings either.. but I basically craved everything that you are right now. I ate so much cereal and the peanut butter was a must. I would eat it with bananas everyday. lol
As far as the kicks and hiccups go, I thought I would miss them so much and would always say that I would it would be so weird that they were gone. But I really don't notice that they are gone maybe because I get to actually see the movements and hear the adorable little hiccups. You will be so wrapped up in your little one that you will barely notice they movements are gone. :)
Post a Comment