Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pregnancy pictures!

My friend Lorie took some pregnancy pictures for us when I was 29 weeks pregnant, she is such an amazing photographer! Thank you Lorie for taking us to an awesome location to take pictures! It could not have been more gorgeous!!! You can click on her blog and then she has a photography blog where you can check out her amazing photography skills.

The day for pictures started out kinda stressful...I thought it would be nice to get my hair done for the pictures and then have a date night with my husband since we don't get to see each other much. So I called and my hair gal said she could only do it really early in the morning so I asked if there was someone else at the new shop she works at that could do it a little later in the day. She recommended the guy that ended up doing my hair, she just asked who did good hair styles since she was new, it's not her fault. Everyone recommended this one guy. Well it turned out to be the opposite of what I was wanting for that day. I wanted a relaxing hair visit where they would wash it and give me soft casual looking curls for pictures. But it was anything but relaxing, the guy took me back and washed my hair and soaked me in the process because he was in a hurry and I had my clothes for pictures on and my makeup done, and he soaked me. Then he was drying my hair and burning the crap out of my head and everytime I would say ouch he wouldn't say sorry and kept doing it. Then he styled my hair like an 80's texas soccer mom, it was some big ole' hair and looked hideous!!! I mean big curled bangs in the front, 80's at its finest!!! I even asked him to flat iron the ends of my hair and he wouldn't, he was a jerk. Then I said I think it would make my hair look shinier if he would just flat iron it so it didn't look frizzy and he looked at me and just sprayed some shine spray in my hair and that made it look nasty and greasy like I didn't wash my hair. So I didn't want to make a scene so I left very quickly, walking with my head down out to the car, and ran home to try to flat iron it in the little time I had before we needed to go. Eric even looked at me when I walked in like holy moly did you just age 20 years. It was not cute!!! So my relaxing hair day and my hope to feel somewhat attractive being pregnant did not workout, it was a nice try though! Oh well luckily I didn't let it ruin our day, I kept my hormones at bay, and we still had wonderful pictures by Lorie and a nice dinner with my husband. Afterall, it is just hair!

Lorie and I, both pregnant! I'm just a little further along. : )





























3 comments:

Jill said...

These are so sweet...love them all!

Barbie said...

Actually...that wasn't first thing in the morning...she went to your fab. hair dresser and that was the name of the product he used on her new do. ;) LOL!

Poor girl! I've had many bad hair experiences. You look stunning anyways.

Jennifer said...

Love the pics, Emily!! Gorgeous!