Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Turn baby turn!

At today's appointment I found out I am slightly effaced already, I am only 33 weeks so I was told all sorts of things to try to reduce the risk of pre term labor. I will no longer be a gym going gal until the end of my pregnancy, : (. I won't be walking the dog or walking myself on the treadmill. My active days are over until this kid comes out and hopefully that isn't until at least after my shower : ) I am just not ready, I don't have everything he needs, haha. I am to lay down at least an hour in the morning and an hour later in the day. I need to lay down if I feel any contractions ( I have been feeling some when I have been on my feet too much). I am totally thankful it is not bed rest though, so I am not complaining. And the part that makes me a little uneasy is the fact he is in the breech position as of now. He is running out of room so I hope he makes the switch around soon and decides to come out the way I want him to. I don't want a c-section, although we will take a healthy baby however that may be. I have been working hard my whole pregnacy to keep strong abs so that laboring would be easier and I don't want to be cut, I really don't. I also want to be able to get around easier after he is born, I don't want to rely on other people to do stuff, I want to take care of him and feel good doing it. I know no one really wants a c-section usually so it is what it is. So along with other issues I have that I won't share here I am starting to get to the "I am getting to the end and everything is going to hit me at once phase". I am glad Carson is doing good though, I just hope he stays put. I know I can be effaced for a long time and make it to my due date still, so I will just do what I can to not overdue it and the rest is up to when his time to come into this world is. His birthday has already been set and I am just going to trust the doctor's orders and do my part. I hope he does a somersault soon though and stays put at least a couple more weeks!!!

2 comments:

Barbie said...

Yikes...breech is no fun. Yes, turn baby turn! Did you get any suggestions on how to help him turn? Has he been breech the whole time? I know Alisha was transverse at about your point and then Zoe just swam on down and got into place. Take it easy and be pampered for these last few weeks. If it makes you feel any better, my friend Megan had a c-section with her 2nd and said it was easier than her vaginal delivery with her first. She even felt better afterwards. I know this isn't the norm and she had some complications with her first labor, but I'm just trying to stay positive :) Keep us updated.

Jill said...

Oh goodness...take it easy, little mama. :) Praying that baby boy turns!

((HUGS))