Thursday, November 12, 2009

Birthday and baby food...

A couple of days ago it was my birthday and I had a very nice one. Eric ended up with the day off so that was a surprise. Since Eric doesn't cook he took me to breakfast and dinner that day, we skipped lunch completely this day. We went to the new crepes place we have, it was really good. I got the strawberry and nutella crepe, so yummy! Eric got one with eggs and ham, it was also very good. Although I am partial to the dessert ones! I highly recommend the place, the people are so nice I hope they have success in their new business. That night we also went to dinner and had sushi at a restaurant we had never been to, it was SO good!!! It is my new favorite restaurant now. I had been wanting to go for so long, but being pregnant and all I avoided it, I knew it would be too tempting to hold back and not eat any of the sushi. My sister made a cake so we went back and ate that after, I am sure I gained like 5 pounds on my birthday. Oh I almost forgot to mention that I got my first facial on my birthday too. Eric had gotten me a spa gift certificate for Mother's Day and I finally used it on my birthday. Eric thought it was great since it was like 2 gifts in one...haha. I told him it was a BIG mistake because I LOVED it. It felt SO great to relax and have a moment to myself, the demands of nursing makes that time SO precious!

Speaking of feeding Carson....I made my first batches of baby food yesterday and put it in the freezer. I have that Beaba baby food maker...they sell it at Williams and Sonoma. I really love it! It is nice to steam and puree the food in one machine. I made squash and the other was a mixture of potato, carrot and turnip (it tastes really good for big people too). It is so easy and I love that the color is so bright and the taste is just like the real thing, not as bland as the store bought kind (not that there is anything wrong with that). Oh ya, and it is so much cheaper than buying it jarred. It is fun to come up with new recipes for baby too. And you can add in herbs to get them use to all the flavors of real food. It is actually really fun. Now that Carson is crawling and getting rather good at it, he is burning more calories and wants to eat more, so I am going to have to feed him more baby food. He is ALL boy and moves like crazy. Being his only food source has come to an end, I can no longer keep up, he is hungry ALL the time and so formula is also going to have to be incorporated. My how he is growing up so fast!

This is what he looks like as soon as the bib goes on...he knows it's coming!
Here he is enjoying every bite of his squash and oatmeal. Mmmmmm...he even tries to feed himself, he will grab the spoon and shove it in.
And then like clockwork...the thumb goes in and he begins to fade.

3 comments:

Camille Ahuero said...

Hey Em...Happy Belated. I'm so glad you got to have some time to yourself to enjoy a nice facial. I also look forward to making baby food...so i'll come to you in a couple years.

Jill said...

Happy Belated Birthday, girl! Your day sounds amazing!

Carson is such a cutie...love the pics!

Jamie said...

Look at him sitting up in that chair! How amazing! Love his little mohawk