I am getting pretty uncomfortable now, I feel so sore when walking around. There is pressure now that just plain makes me hurt. I am still able to sleep at night though, in between all the millions of bathroom visits which are a given at this point. It just takes a while for me to get out of bed each time now that I am hurting. I have to get up slowly and then there are the moans and groans while I try to get my stiff, sore body out of our bed. I tell Eric I promise they are not for sympathy, the moans and groans are a necessity in order to hoist myself out of bed! Even during the day when I am sitting for very long, the getting up and moving is painful all over again. As long as I am up and moving it is better. Eric and I went to the hardware store last night and I was in pain and told him I would wait near the front of the store because I just couldn't walk around, I was so sore. I am glad I am a little uncomfortable at this point though because it makes the c-section less scary because I am so ready to not be pregnant anymore. Thank goodness he has an expiration date of June 1st because I couldn't imagine going past my due date now with the soreness I am having. It has been a really easy pregnancy for me and so a little discomfort will keep my mind hopefully off the c-section and more towards just having this baby out. I am super excited for Carson's birthday, but a little nervous for how I will feel after. I don't want pain or anything interfering with enjoying my baby. This is definetely the most excited I have ever been for a surgery though, I mean at least I will have my baby to look at and admire while I recover. It is just too bad that when Eric takes his time off after the baby he doesn't really get time off, he has to take care of me and baby!!! He can never escape his job!!!! haha. Luckily he will be able to do a lot for the baby during his time off and he will enjoy doing it before he has to go back to work. He will have good bonding time. If I didn't have to recover from surgery I might just take over and do everything, but now I will have to take it easy and Eric will get to do a lot and I am glad!!! As much as I will want to do everything it will be nice for Eric to experience all those things like changing diapers, bathing, and dressing him. Not that I won't be able to do anything, he will just be able to do more. He will definetely be a hands on kind of dad and want to do everything. He won't want to just watch me do it all. He loves every age and stage, even the itty bitty baby stage. I know some guys don't like babies as much as when they are older, but Eric likes it all. So I am excited for him to be able to bond with our baby that I have carried for 9 months.
One more thing-I am ready to be more mobile now and not be pregnant. I want to be able to keep up with Eric when we are walking. haha. When I go shopping with my mom, she is always way ahead of me, I just can't move that fast anymore. Oh and I will go ahead and add that I am SO totally ready for the numbers on the scale to go down and not up anymore!!! : ) Oh well Carson is worth every pound!
Most of all we just want to know he is healthy and see what our baby looks like!!! His mommy and daddy are so ready! We want to see his face and what color hair he has! We want to hold him and kiss him so bad!!! So that makes weight gain, pain, soreness, surgery and recovery so worth it! Man I have a lot I can use against Carson when he gets older. haha.
2 comments:
What time is your c-section scheduled for? My appt is June 1st at 3:30. I'll be thinking about you enjoying your new baby while I'm getting poked and prodded! And, yes, thank goodness for expiration dates.
My c-section is at 7:30, I will be done with the ultimate poking and prodding before you go see him in the afternoon, : ).
At least you get lots of ultrasounds with Dr. Finberg, that always helped ease my mind in the beginning after our problems. Nothing like seeing your baby every few days to make you feel better!
Post a Comment